Wednesday 20 November 2013

Lost Puppies

So, if you have me on Facebook, you saw me post this as a status earlier. "____(my name) needs to stop taking home lost puppies... she's not sure how many more she can handle before she can't handle another, no matter how brilliant the next one would have been... it would be nice to instead be found."

Yes, it means something, and no I don't mean literal puppies (I've already got a dog and a cat - my mom would never let me bring a third pet under the roof).

See, I just overall have boy problems. Yes, I realize that makes me sound like a typical or even whiny teen girl. However, I mean it.
I swear off boys/dating for a year and alllllll of a sudden, some are interested. One being one of my exes. Summed up, AWKWARD!

And, well, those interested are all damaged in their own way. And I just have this thing for damaged people, or, as I refer to them sometimes, lost puppies. I just feel the need to be there for them, and love them. And I find if they spur something romantic from their end I tend to end up following, because how could I do more damage to someone already so damaged, right? Right. Well, that's my problem.

I seem to lack the instinct of self-preservation that is bred into most people. I would rather allow myself to hurt if it means they don't than I would come out of it unscathed while leaving them in ruins. I will almost always put them over me. To the point where I think I may be my own undoing.

I just have problems with saying no. It's almost gotten me into trouble before. I'm sure it probably easily will again. I just need to learn to say no.

I just need to learn to say no...

I am praying to learn to say no...

And until I can say no, please let the questions stop coming...


Otherwise, what if I answer wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment